Galanthus plicatus 'Three Ships' - The Christmas Snowdrop

I saw three ships come sailing in ....... My internet connection has been down for a full week, something that never hampered me once when I published my animation blog over the years. Thankfully the connection is back for Christmas Eve and so here is the first of a series of posts in which I shall track the development of my growing collection of snowdrops.
My new snowdrop, Galanthus plicatus 'Three Ships', a name suggesting the arrival of Christmas for a snowdrop that has proven a reliable flower for the festive period. Comments on a solitary and very new plant are a tad risky but it has attractively rounded petals and will, I hope, thicken up in future years. I quite fancy a pot of these on our Christmas doorstep. I would have featured "Three Ships" tomorrow but another snowdrop has sneaked in.

The inner green is very evident as are the slug pellets, something I have been forced to use in my pots due to the invasion I am experiencing in this mild winter. The beasts have turned on my collection of cyclamen though I refuse to use pellets on the open soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'