Clematis urophylla 'Winter Beauty', 21st January 2015

My main camera had crashed to the kitchen floor in an act of clumsiness requiring expensive repair so with due apologies here are images from my 'phone showing Clematis urophylla 'Winter Beauty' climbing up the fence shrubs and apple tree into the winter evening sky.


I understand the flower has a distinct fragrance though I can't say I noticed it. What I can recall are the waxy cream and quite perfect bells. It climbed into the host branches. I do not have the perfect image sadly because it was quite remarkable and a point of conversation at this dark time of the rear. Stupid pruning of the trees meant that I managed to snip much of the topmost flowers.






No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'