Autumn and Colour at Chatsworth House, 18th September 2015

Each year we travel to Derbyshire's Chatsworth House for its world class sculpture. I shall leave that for a later post and concentrate on clouds, wild flowers and world class autumn colour.


The menacing cloud never actually came to anything except for this image of the Emperor's Fountain.


Wild flowers are all the rage these days. My home town of Doncaster has them on the roadside verges to great effect. I'll take a few shots before they disappear. For now, two more from Derbyshire.



 The maples come into their own at this time of the year.


 

This colchicum was simply bursting out in a parkland clearing.


And the tree that is not a genuine tree will lead me on to sculptures when I next post on Chatsworth.


1 comment:

  1. big black fruits, is this a papaya? thanks already for your reply
    wessel.bos@free.fr

    ReplyDelete

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'