Galanthus "Mrs McNamara", the great survivor

The third year since purchase and Mrs McNamara has been in flower for a week. In September I subjected her to some terrible damage with a sharp spade when my aluminium plant label got separated from the bulbs it was supposed to safeguard. Bulbs got minced. I instantly covered them with soil, far far too late, feeling as guilty as if I had committed a mortal sin and waited to see what would survive. Well five flowers have a tale to tell and very stately they are too. As for the name, "Judy's Snowdrops" would have me believe the correct spelling is "Mrs Macnamara" as that is the family name. (See my post last year.) She is the classic snowdrop, early flowering and a weather and spade beater.



No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'