Galanthus reginae-olgae subsp. vernalis

I attempted to contact Tom Mitchell from Evolution Plants today to make an order only to discover he has sold his business. I was sad to hear this for he offered something distinctive. It was from him that I purchased  Galanthus reginae-olgae subsp. vernalis last year. It came from Greece I think. Tom is a great plant finder and most of his plants were obtained on location. Due to my bungling it and some other bulbs were left at the mail depot for well over a week during their flowering period. They have survived. One is presently flowering in our garden, opening out yesterday. Galanthus reginae-olgae subsp. vernalis seems very like my own seedling though with much tinier leaves! Mine commenced flowering two weeks ago and is still growing strong with a third bud opening out. It is also a tad larger altogether but snowdrops get larger as they mature.




No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'