Galanthus "Three Ships", Hellebore "Christmas Carol" and a Christmas morning surprise

I hope you are enjoying a splendid Christmas Day. The weather forecaster as I type speaks of the potential for beating a record dating back almost 100 years with temperatures possibly beating the 15.6C of Killerton in Devon in 1920. I had hoped "Three Ships" would be more fully open for the day. However here it is yesterday with a very dependable hellebore "Christmas Carol" that looks good on my display bench by the kitchen window. Compared with yesterday's snowdrop the seasonally named "Three Ships" seems a giant. It's not. They are to come. But wait, even as I turned off the computer, a "Stop Press". Venturing out this morning to transport the recycling I noticed a miracle. "Three Ships" has sailed and a fourth ship is in harbour.

.






No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'