Galanthus "Mrs McNamara" - first past the post and Happy Christmas

Galanthus "Mrs McNamara" has beaten all my other snowdrops, even some noted earlies, and flowered in time for Christmas. It was dark on Christmas Eve when I photographed it and I'm sure the lady will not be pleased at all the flash drowning out her best features, I can rectify this in the next few days. My only concern about this lovely snowdrop is that it has not increased its number of blooms in three or four years so I'm going to move one of the bulbs to a position with a little more moisture in the soil. In the meantime, may I wish you all a very merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. She's lovely - flash and all!
    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!
    I'm looking forward to more snowdrops from you as the season gets on...! ;-) You inspired me to try some hoop petticoat daffs - only leaf tips showing so far. It will be my first time growing them, perhaps they will come through for me first time round.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoop petticoats are wonderful, Amy. I wish you and your own family every happiness for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'