Alpine House, Harlow Carr

Thick snow was covering the garden until today's rain and slight thaw. Still, time for the Alpine House at Harlow Carr. All 24m of it.

Primula allionii makes a striking show within the protection of glass walls.



Saxifraga 'Gemma'

Galanthus 'Lady Beatrix Stanley' looking less beaten down by adversity than mine in the garden

Saxifraga allionii 'Elizabeth Burrow'

Saxifraga 'Miluj Mne' 

Ipheion uniflorum 'Rolf Fiedler'  - another that in my garden is looking a little sorry for itself at the moment

I was intending to show the difference between 'Brenda Troyle' and 'Sam Arnott', two very similar snowdrops. I will!

Years ago I saw Cyclamen cilicium  in the hills of Greece and it triggered a great love of all things cyclamen. I've had more flowers on mine however.
Saxifraga 'Kathleen' and spelt as my mother-in-law's name 

Saxifraga hybr. 'Večerní Hvězda' and my favourite of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'