Brodsworth Hall Snowdrops

Over the past few years nearby Brodsworth Hall has been building up its displays of snowdrops, taking out acres of overgrown beds and planting a variety of shrubs and flowers, as well as creating vistas based on original photographs of the great house and estate.

Under this tree on the approach drive are some of the choicest cyclamen varieties I have encountered. They mainly flower in April but have had outriders in flower from late autumn onward. They can be discerned among the snowdrops. The cyclamen survive grass mowing a mere week or so after flowering. Remarkable.


Three years ago this area was overgrown

Galanthus elwisii

The aconites combine well. A little sun is required to show them at their best





The woodland snowdrops have thrived in the last three years

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I wish I had snowfrops in my garden, but unfortunately it's too hot for them here. Your blog is really interesting I love british gardens, I added you to my blog list. Greetings from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now read your own blog and added you to my own list. Waterlilies to die for! Every climate has its own advantages. On a bitterly cold here I do attempt to think of some.

      Delete

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'