Galanthus 'Phil Cornish'

Galanthus 'Phil Cornish' is one of the snowdrops that has caused me a lot of trouble since I bought it four years ago. Frankly it was a poor specimen, having been overcooked somewhere warm and not hardened off for the Yorkshire 'sunshine'.  The second year I transplanted what I hoped was the correct bulb, last year it looked healthy enough though devoid of flower and now there are three flowers. I'm so pleased that here it is before it opens out into its distinct pagoda shape. The even younger bloom is just as nice.



This difficult or slow to propagate bulb was named after the Gloucestershire galanthophile, Phil Cornish. It was discovered in 2002. I'm still waiting to see the all green inners but in the meantime, no token presence this, may I offer the full pagoda shaped 'Trymming', a similar flower don't you think though extra green comes at a price. The miserable rain is free.


1 comment:

  1. Nice! I really like the green.
    My fingers are crossed for a flower on 'South Hayes' this spring... although I suspect it will still be a year before it shows its true colors.

    ReplyDelete

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'