Galanthus "Wendy's Gold" (Year 3)

Yellow cultivars are very popular among snowdrop lovers and "Wendy's Gold" is one of the best. My own was purchased three years ago and has now four flowers, perhaps more. I have read that it needs a sunny spot and takes time to develop the strong yellow. Well mine obtains a little sun in winter months and has certainly improved its depth of colour this year. The clump will be transferred from pot to flower bed for next year. I have noticed that some on sale on eBay have had their colour "accentuated", let us say. The images below are au naturel. There is really no need to bring on the filters for the flowers are delightful. I have quite few yellow snowdrops including one that is very rare indeed. I'll feature it and them as they develop.




No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'