Dahlia 'Yellow Star'

 There are plants that generate their own inner light and the truly exquisite dahlia 'Yellow Star' does just that. I cut down the plant this afternoon with a heavy heart as it was still laden with blooms. However contractors arrive any day now to remove what used to be a rockery from the front garden and everything has to be cleared. The tubers were healthy and are now in a good sunny spot with compost heaped above it for frost protection. I was tempted to store them in the shed but I've been lucky so far. Dahlias are great garden plants for late summer to the frosts; I just require them to survive winter. 'Yellow Star' goes back to 1952 introduced in the USA by Robens about whom I'm afraid I can discover zilch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'