Friendly Robin

 I can't be alone in delighting in the company of the friendly robin when I work in the garden.  They have a delightful lilting song in full cry but it's a simple chirp that alerts me to their presence and it's always very near, only just out of reach and within actual reach a moment later. I turn the soil over and they seize opportunity, insect, seed or worm. I used to regularly throw food to a particularly tame one through the patio window until a mouse also took an interest and my infatuation folded. Anyway this little beauty has been at the same spot at a local RSPB  reserve for our last three visits. The exact same spot and today I noticed s/he had been ringed which seems excessive for a tiny thing even for a bird reserve. No hint of resentment however. Jewellery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'