Fritillaria uva-vulpis

 In the early days of lockdown here in the UK travel was strictly limited to short walks for no more than 50 minutes and our garden became all consuming, vital for 'mental health'. I'd not realised how important visits to parks and gardens were to my state of mind. Luckily I'd new plants in our own garden to look out for and boy did I treasure them. And then there were those I'd taken for granted. Fritillaria uva-vulpis is a small bulb that grows in the front garden in our 'wild area'. Photographed on 4th April when things were grim with Covid and glorious in terms of weather small things mattered. This tiny fritillaria was one of the ingredients of our memorable spring. Don't you think it's a beauty?


No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'