Lake District tarn in autumn, 28th October 2008

I am due to feature images of Monet's house and gardens shortly, the lake and lily pads prominent. On the same hard drive I discovered images of one of the Lake District's finest hotels, Linthwaite House. The hotel is divine, the hillside tarn sensational. So, before France, a Cumbrian spectacle you may not be familiar with.
Linthwaite House Hotel in the fells above Bowness has its own private lake or tarn. There is an easy walk around.


The colours of autumn with the fiery red of the maples adding their special glow.


The heuchera is on fire.


One of my favourite photographs. Claude Monet could well have moved house had he visited Cumbria.
Windermere is beautiful in its own right and over the years ornamental trees have added to its glory.
 


The hotel has a well maintained walk through the woodland to the tarn.


I think I stood on one of the benches to obtain this view of the lake.


I suspect this is a view of the dam required to capture this particular chunk of paradise.


And at the head of the tarn is a summer house that has been warm, in my recollection, even in the heart of winter. All it takes is a little bit of sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'