Felley Priory and sixty varieties of snowdrops

We only discovered Felley Priory last summer. The garden is one for the plant collector being full of choice shrubs and perennials, all clearly labelled and serviced by a nursery that unusually seems to source its own plants from the gardens rather than some huge Dutch transporter. It is situated only half a mile from Junction 27 of the M1 though due to its setting in a hidden valley one would hardly know it, Sophia and Victoria Chaworth-Musters, granddaughters of Major Robert Chawarth-Musters who purchased the house in 1973, live in the  house itself, parts of which date back to 1557 and, I have to say, the gardens are manicured to a very high standard. For today I shall content myself with documenting some of the varieties of snowdrops that took my fancy. Later I'll post other views and winter plants. I also bought some roses from there in the summer and in time I'll post about these too.













And my favourite on the day.... "Silbertoft Manor"


No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'