Galanthus elwesii 'Peter Gatehouse'

Small, dainty and quite exquisite, Galanthus 'Peter Gatehouse' is often described as having an olive green marking on the inner petals. As can be seen in the image below, mine have a distinct yellow tinge. They were the same last year so I would say I'm a lucky guy because yellow(ish) is so very much more desirable than olive green don't you think.... When I say small and dainty I mean scarcely over 10 cms. Planted in a pot by the kitchen window where I can clearly see them they lift the spirits when the sink seems full to the brim with messy dishes from the Christmas feasting.  We're too good to our guests. But they're not getting Peter!

2 comments:

  1. Very dainty and definitely yellow, a lovely little snowdrop!

    ReplyDelete

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'